QPAC® is suitable as a sacrificial layer for forming encapsulated air-channels in MEMS and microfluidic device fabrication.
- Decomposition advances linearly with time.
- QPAC® is naturally “tacky” and and provides excellent adhesion to substrates.
- Decomposition can occur in a wide range of sintering atmospheres including air, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, argon, and vacuum.
- Decomposition at low temperatures. QPAC® decomposes completely between 220 C – 350 C, which can be 100 C or more below the decomposition temperatures of other binders.
- Upon decomposition, QPAC® leaves virtually no residue or contamination.
- QPAC® produces benign emissions; products of combustions are carbon dioxide and water vapor, which are non-toxic, non-flammable, and environmentally safe.
- MEMS microfluidic devices in polyamide (SU-8)
- LTCC chip modules