Brazing Pastes and Solutions
QPAC® is ideally suited for use as an organic binder in brazing pastes and solutions and in soldering pastes.
- QPAC® is compatible with a variety of filler metals.
- QPAC®’s viscosities and molecular weights can be custom-tailored for specific solution or paste requirements.
- Both grades of QPAC® are naturally “tacky” and their degrees of plasticity can be adjusted as necessary.
- Decomposition is complete through three phases: solid, liquid, and vapor.
- QPAC® decomposes completely between 220°C – 350°C, which can be as much as 100°C below the decomposition temperatures of other binders.
- Upon decomposition, QPAC® leaves very low ash residue with the complete burn-out of carbon.
- QPAC® produces benign emissions; products of combustions are carbon dioxide and water vapor, which are non-toxic, non-flammable, and environmentally safe.
- QPAC® is suitable in all sintering atmospheres.
- Using QPAC® as a binder in brazing pastes and flux improves capillary action through joint.
Industry applications include:
- Metal Brazing
- HVAC & Appliances
- Aircraft – Aerospace